2009-12-06

Be a Bibiten model

Do you have nice photos of Bibiten clothes? I am having a Bibiten modelling competition! L$2000 first prize, L$1000 second prize, $500 third prize. Your photos could be featured on the blog, in the store, and on Bibiten ads. The closing date is 2010-01-10.

Here are some lovely photos made by my friend Skyline a while ago, just as some examples. But let your imagination wild!


How to enter:
  • Please make sure your photographs are at least 512x512, and preferably higher resolution. Use Second Life “Hi Res” screenshot if you can. Here is the Second Life guide to taking snapshots.
  • Please make sure the Bibiten clothing is featured prominently. Even better if it is in a cool or fun context with an interesting or lifelike pose. Try to avoid common “model poses”.
  • Do not manipulate or touch-up your pictures with Photoshop except to crop or make global adjustments to brightness, colour balance, contrast etc. I want to see things as they are in Second Life.
  • Upload your photograph to a photo sharing site such as Flickr and add it to the comments on the Bibiten blog entry.
As an extra incentive, I will refund you for up to five clothes you model. Here is how:
  1. Buy the clothing from Bibiten.

  2. Make some modelling photos and post them here.

  3. Send me an IM saying which thing you bought. I will send you a refund!
I'm running this competition mostly for fun, but partly to get some nice pictures to help me promote Bibiten. So if you'd rather not have me use your photo for that, please don't submit it.

I'm really looking forward to seeing some great pictures!

Here are some of the entries so far from the Flickr pool:



Terms and Conditions The competition will be judged by Mimika Oh at her sole discretion. Her decision is final, and she has no obligation to enter into correspondence concerning the decision. By submitting a photograph to this competition, you automatically grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, to Mimika Oh an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, fully paid, worldwide license to use, copy, publicly perform, publicly display, reformat, translate, excerpt (in whole or in part) and distribute the photograph for the purpose of promoting Bibiten and its products, to prepare derivative works of the photograph, or incorporate the photograph into other works.

9 comments:

  1. Momoka wants to be model:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/45384586@N04/sets/72157622957128198/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your entry Momoka!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to be a model too ;)
    thanks for this contest Mimika

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/abigailanatine/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you too Aby!

    I made a Flickr group for the competition entries. If you like, you can add your photos to the group pool at http://www.flickr.com/groups/1331521@N22/ and I will make them appear in a slideshow on the blog. This is optional!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have uploaded a few photos to my Flickr page. http://www.flickr.com/photos/45387757@N05/
    I will add some the contest page too. <3 cyb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Cybr! Wow so many nice pictures from everyon! Judging this is going to be difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I realised you might want to model clothes you don't have! As an extra incentive, I will refund you for up to five clothes you model. Here is how:

    1. Buy the clothing from Bibiten.
    2. Make some modelling photos and post them here.
    3. Send me an IM saying which thing you bought. I will send you a refund!

    If you already did step 1 and 2 before now, please just do step 3! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. (This only applies to clothes you bought after the beginning of the competition on 2009-12-06, sorry!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Uploaded, but only for exhibition: Fujin Dress - http://www.flickr.com/photos/shujintribble/4172055365 & 4172054677 (ShujinTribble Kawanishi)

    ReplyDelete